Hello my name is Mandy Jameson and I am the Spring Hill Junior High School Counselor. I received a Bachelor's degree in Social Counseling and decided early on my passion was to work with students. I went on to receive a Master's degree in School Counseling from SFA and became a Licensed Professional Counselor. I was born and raised in Longview where all three of my children are proud Panthers.
September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Did you know that four out of five teens who attempt suicide have given clear warning signs.
- Sense of hopelessness about the future
- Drastic changes in behavior or personality
- Uncharacteristic impulsiveness, recklessness or risk-taking
- Expressions of rage, uncontrolled anger, aggressive behavior
- Preoccupation with death, dying, or suicide through writing, talking, artwork
- Giving away prized possessions
- Loss of interest in personal appearance
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs
- Withdrawal from friends, family and society
- Extreme anxiety or agitation; inability to sleep or sleeping all the time
- A recent severe stressor, such as real or anticipated loss of a relationship, unplanned pregnancy, victim of bullying or family conflict.
- A previous suicide attempt or exposure to another's suicidal behavior
- Verbal signs such as: "I'm so tired. I don't feel like I can take this any longer." or "I don't want to be a bother anymore." or "I want you to know something, in case something happens to me."